Human Dimensions

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I Should Have Given Future "Nashville Star" A Bigger Tip

As you know, my constant Recruiting Mode is always on the look out for a Great Future Hire. About a month ago I visited "Rosie's Diner" for the first time. I can't say the food is that great; But the service is!

Our Waitress had "spark" and "warmth" and a smile bigger than Sand Lake. At the end of the meal I wind up the Recruiter Five questions and find out that she is Graduating in December from Ferris State. I was pretty proud of myself by the time I had written down my e-mail address and office phone (as my wife quipped: "This is the only time I let him give other women his phone number").

My biggest surprise was yet to come. The Mega Memory Method came in handy as I remembered the young lady's name: Ashley Grutter ("like gutter with an r" she stated)

Y'all need to remember that name too, as Ashley is on her way to stardom. Not as a future hire of mine, but as a Country Writer and Singer. And I'm here to tell you, she's got the pipes! You've got to visit her website ashleygrutter.com. and listen to her fabulous writing and quality voice. Then tune in and cheer on one of Michigan's own as she runs for the prize.

I'm not going to be waiting for her resume anymore - but I will enjoy her beautiful music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home